Wednesday 17 April 2013

Samsung UN55F8000 Review

Samsung UN55F8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTVOverall: I've had the Samsung UN55F8000  for around 2 week now. I'm Extremely pleased using the purchase. The prior ES8000 model was affected with cloudiness (gone in F series), banding (none available on 55" F), and torch (minimal on F series). I desired a Brought TV upgrade and was on a tight budget ($2500 OTD/with tax) that did not place me from our array dimming technology zone. Plasma's are extremely reflective in my atmosphere (browse the Samsung 8500 though, sounds wonderful). Immediately I observed how solid the television itself felt. Basically needed to get it done once again, I'd certainly recommend the Samsung UN55F8000  for other people to purchase within the ES8000 (just obtain a good deal like Used to do, TV prices ALWAYS go lower with time) however for ES8000 proprietors...I would not upgrade. Not a way. This TV holds me over until 4K's are available on the market for some time, helping perfect them minimizing cost.

For individuals wishing rapid and straightforward, thats it! Keep reading through for indepth review.

Display Quality: The image quality about this Samsung UN55F8000  is amazing especially following a couple of color tweaks (I'll publish what I am using below, as CNET has published anything up yet). The shades of black are extremely DEEP in comparison to my last tv(direct lit). There's a tiny bit of expensive lighting in most four corners In my opinion this is actually the technologies fault though. I'm able to only notice it in most black lighting with something similar to movie title in middle of screen and black on relaxation of screen. Unless of course you're really searching for it inside a black screen and focused on a large part you won't notice it.

Samsung UN55F8000 Sideview
Cost: Cleaning it once a to obtain Amazon . com to cost match an outlet which was this is not on their official approved list plus they declined (attempted multiple occasions, through different amounts and chat). It had been a $368 difference. I have found this Samsung UN55F8000  from stores as little as $2269. I wound up getting the neighborhood Best To Buy cost match this tv for me personally. I purchased my last flagship Samsung TV in 2008/9. The A850 model(now in bed room, this TV still satisfies me and appears much better than many lower model Sammy TV's).

Stand: I hated the television stand. To feng shui for me personally. My spouse loved it though. It really fit our TV stand. Although please be aware this stand is extremely wide. It even included some kind of extra-large plastic screws and rope that made certain a young child could not pull the television lower (wise). I planned on mounting this TV though like my last TV, therefore the stand does not matter much in my experience.

Wall-mounted: I elected for any low profile wall-mounted from Monoprice. The main one I selected was $14 and also the product ID number is 5918. This places the television virtually On your wall with this particular mount. It comes down to 19mm from the actual wall. I could run the energy cord along with a Redmere technology High-definition multimedia interface thin cord(10ft for $17 at Monoprice). It came with the necessary bolts and spacers for that F8000 (1 small/1 large on the top bolts and a pair of smalls below bolts).

Warmth: Had the television on for 12 hrs and could not find any locations in order to much warmth to create me worried with how close the television ended up being to the wall. Was an problem on certain ES8000 sets this past year leading to a V place of cloudiness.

Remote: The remote is solid and touch part is amazing. It isn't useless whatsoever and really is effective. I've found simple to use to type with there on the watch's screen keyboard. Included crappy batteries and so i elected for many standard spare ones I'd in the home. It could have been nice to obtain a standard remote though for older decades that don't like touch pad technology.

Warranty: I purchased my warranty through Costco's squaretrade deal for $99. It'll cover ME for four years. Basically used my American stock exchange it could have been 5. Take a look at own warranties and see if you're comfortable with how squaretrade handles their warranties, they're not going to put more income in it then exactly what the TV may be worth (confident it's really that which you taken care of it).

Samsung UN55F8000 Topview
Wise Hub/"Wise TV" features: I've fiddled by using it a bit. I like it as being it consolidates all "applications" I'd on other activities like my xbox 360 and packages player. Nice to be just around the TV. Browsing the web is really as smooth as Safari on my small apple iphone 5. Netflix has labored acceptable for me. Amazon . com Video too. S-Suggested feature doesn't support Century Link Prism TV (their FIOS tv). They've the DSL privileges to my area and so i can't have other FIOS TV. Not keen on motion control, similar to the kinect not helpful yet, to gimmicky. Voice appears fairly well should you practice at utilizing it. I favor hitting buttons myself, making use of your voice still is not natural in my experience. I could stream DLNA sources easily(as much as 1080P 3D) without any issues wireless on the 5ghz network. Only problem is DLNA servers on Samsung TV's don't allow you fastfoward so are looking for a workaround. Mine was using ZappoTV(free application on apple iphone) to share with my NAS DLNA to stream to TV...i quickly could FF/Rewind on television with touch pad remote(moving remote right or left) OR doing the work form my phone.

Products: Connected my 10-13 years old first gen microsoft bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Labored all right, somewhat impressed how functional it appeared to become.

Banding: Used to do a number of different banding tests coupled with no banding. I discovered none.

Stuttering: I truly needed to focus on finding something to obtain this Samsung UN55F8000  to stutter. My packages player on any movie? No. Streaming all various kinds of formats as much as 1080P 3D quality on my small laptop to TV via High-definition multimedia interface..no stutter. Streaming from my NAS(Synology DS213+) to TV with same formats/characteristics in the above list. No stuttering. I performed with my Prism TV box and upon another customers advice to test watching HGTV panning shots of before/after, I could obtain the TV to half step baby stutter on panning shots on HGTV...only one child that nearly helped me believe I blinked, rather than seeing a stutter. I believe that it is HGTV and never the television though when i weren't capable of getting another stutter to occur on every other show or funnel.

Seem: No clue, disabled it to make use of my very own loudspeakers(newegg runs crazy sales on polk audio loudspeakers) along with a Denon 2112CI. A couple of years back I spent $700 for Samsung's HTIB. HUGE mistake, a lot of repairs. All Samsung's audio/theater items appear to become getting worse in qc...out of the box there customer support. They barely support there items Throughout their warranty...outdoors of warranty? You can find "one" comp'd repair...but when you'll need another, no way. I'd that HITB fixed like 8 occasions by 50 percent years.

The firmware I am running is 15.2. As soon as I began the television and setup network it informed me which i had an update available. I stated to not and also to turn automatic updates off. Still, Samsung up-to-date the firmware (they are recognized to sometimes do that). This is often a bad factor as previously on other sets they often remove features or result in the sets look worse--not better. On my small last TV it had been simple to upgrade OR downgrade firmware...now it is a PITA to downgrade.

Evolution Kits: I believe until these kits prove themselves they're an entire and utter joke. Unless of course these kits prove themselves in some way enhancing display quality. When they don't for the most part I would update the this past year its "compatible" with my set to upgrade the processor.

Game Mode: This configurations helps in reducing lag while playing using your gaming systems(xbox 360/ps3). I performed BF3 on my small Xbox 360 just find and didn't notice any lag. Others have stated they observed it within their "twitch" games, and needed to place TV into PC mode to see less lag. There's a downfall to presenting either game mode OR PC mode, each feature hinders certain color configurations. I'll try different games to find out if I'm able to notice any lag.